II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

He Rescued Me

Floundering in a sea of darkness,
Water slowly rising up to my chin,
Grasping for a life preserver.
Will I reach the shore again?

Tears rolled down my cheeks.
I reached for a helping hand.
I needed someone to save me
From the sinking sand.

A light pierced the darkness,
Hope poured into my soul,
Love snatched me from harm’s way.
I felt peaceful and whole.

Almighty God heard my cry.
He sent His Son to rescue me.
Oh what a glorious Savior
Finally, I am free.

Freed from guilt and shame,
By this amazing gift of grace.
Freed from the shackles of sin
To win this marathon race.

No comments:

Swagbucks