II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Friday, June 08, 2012

Out of the Storm and Into the Sun I volunteer at a women’s prison and ride there with three other women. Last week on our way home the sky was beautiful and clouds were etched in silver. They quickly turned angry looking as the sky darkened. One of my friend’s prayed that God would keep us safe. The rain began to pour down upon us and then my phone rang. I answered it and all I heard were eerie and loud crashing and banging noises. It was my daughter’s phone number which appeared on the scene, but I kept yelling, “Libby, Libby”, but there was no answer. My heart began to fill with fear. I handed the phone to a friend to listen and then Libby answered. Her phone had not been working. She had tried to call and then it had redialed without her knowing it. She was alone in the dark house. The electricity had gone off and she noticed something on the living room floor. A skylight had broken. During the time I was talking to her, it started hailing some and my friend pulled her car off and under the canopy of a motel. The sirens went off and we went inside. We stayed for a few minutes and then were able to start home. There were cars abandoned on the roadside, beaten up by hail. We had to take some detours, but finally arrived home. We had a friend who came over and put a tarp over our skylight. When the storms come now I will remember God will be there. I believe that small bit of hail as we were driving was God’s way of getting us off the road and keeping us out of the heavier rain and hail. He will bring me out of the storm and into the sun. His hand is so powerful and His love for me is ever flowing.

No comments:

Swagbucks