II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

What Holds My Heart



I have been doing a study “What Happens
When Women say Yes to God?”  The Question
was asked what do I need to give up to be 
closer to God. One woman said Netflix and 
another said Coke Zero.

There are things that can take our attention
and focus away from God. They are not 
necessarily bad things, but God does not 
come first. 

All of a sudden Sunday afternoon the tears
started flowing. I thought about things 
that were important to me, things that I
loved, that I spent time on. My family is so 
dear to me. When I went to Africa it was
hard, but my children went with me. I 
thought about what if God asked me to go
to Africa again. If He asked me to leave 
behind my grandchildren, my children, 
my mother who is in bad health.

Where are my priorities? Would I be 
willing to do“whatever” God asks me to?
I don’t know that He will ask me to return
to Africa or some other country,but I think
 this is a question I need to ask myself.
God needs my heart. Maybe this kind of
question is what we all need to think about. 
What are we willing to give up if God asks
 us to?

No comments:

Swagbucks