II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Going Home



I’ve finally begun to enjoy flying – at least the part

where the Captain’s voice comes over the intercom

saying: “We are now making our final descent into

Oklahoma City.”


I am afraid of heights and still can’t make myself

look out the window when we are taking off, but

there’s something thrilling about knowing I am 
 
almost home.


I look out the window and see windmills and land 
 
that looks like a patchwork quilt. I see rivers and

then houses.


Finally, I see the lights on the runway. Then I
 
wait for it … the plane touches the ground and I

am home.


At 67 I know I am getting closer to the time when 
 
I will get to my eternal home. I am looking
 
forward to hearing my Father’s voice at last as 
 
He says: “Welcome Home.” That will be the most

amazing homecoming ever!

No comments:

Swagbucks