II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Am I Following You?

God, am I following you

or doing what I want to do?

Do I pray to do your will each day

or am I living life my own way?


God, am I following you

and to your word being true?

Am I letting you change my heart

so from you I'll never depart?


Following you is what I want to do.

My life is changing. I'm brand new.

I can't be part of the crowd anymore,

Above the world I must soar.


Following you may involve a cost,

but I know my soul won't be lost.

Friends may forsake me and flee,

but you'll always be with me.


You gave me the gift of your only Son

so the victory over sin has been won.

With your help I'll conquer the unknown

and lay my life before your holy throne.





No comments:

Swagbucks