II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Splendid Saturdays




Lord, Remove the Weeds

This morning I walked past a field
where colorful weeds thrived and grew.
Thoughts about weeds God revealed.
Were there weeds in my own life, too?

Weeds choke out other things that grow.
They thrive without any tender care.
Are there weeds that are my foe?
Help me recognize these is my prayer.

LORD, please remove these from my life,
activities that keep me from you.
Weeds only cause me heartache and strife.
A relationship with you I'll pursue.

No comments:

Swagbucks