II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Long, Long Journey

I’m on a long, long journey
traveling down a dusty road;
at times I get so weary
carrying this heavy load.

Then I see a man ahead,
reaching out a nail scarred hand.
He tells me of His love for me
and speaks of a heavenly land.

He touches my shoulder,
then I am filled with peace.
He assures me one day
my cares and sorrows will cease.

He’s the precious Lamb of God
whose blood cleansed and set me free.
Never will I be all alone,
together we’ll always be.

The road seems shorter now.
My journey soon will end.
Waiting for me with open arms
will be my Savior and my friend.

No comments:

Swagbucks