II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Friday, October 01, 2010

The Small Moments

It's the small moments in life I treasure,
daily ones most don't give a second thought.
To me, their worth is far beyond measure,
not enough silver or gold to be bought.

It's the smiles of precious friends so dear,
a pat or touch of comfort when I grieve,
a friend who sympathizes with a tear,
words of encouragement I receive.

It's arms lifted high by a grandchild,
giggles and hugs so tight they squeeze,
strange hairdos on me which they've styled,
requests of "read me a story, please!".

It's a sunrise of glorious hue,
Birds trilling an early morning song,
tiny diamond drops of glistening dew,
sniffing honeysuckle, it's fragrance strong.

Husband's faithful love throughout the years,
lives intertwined with joy and sorrow,
thoughts of heaven as winter time nears,
looking forward to what comes tomorrow.

No comments:

Swagbucks