II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Facing the Giants

Have you watched the movie "Facing the Giants"? It's fantastic. I've watched it over and over.
I guess it justs strike a chord in my heart. So much of the time I am fearfilled person. I am a people pleaser. This movie makes me think so much about facing the giants of fear in my life.

It has so many different lessons in it. Many lessons that I hope to share with the women in prison. In the movie the coach and his wife have tried for 4 years to have children. Nothing in their life seems to be going right. He has coached for 6 years at a Christian school and had no winning seasons. He's discouraged and wonders what can God be thinking. Why isn't God working in his life. Why's life so hard.

At one point he asks his wife, If the Lord never gives us children, will you still love Him? This tears at my heart every time I see it. I am blessed with 3 wonderful children and will soon have a second grandchild.

I think about this couple's dilemna, but then I think what could I insert into that phrase. If the Lord never does___________________________________, will I still love Him. I think about the women in prison I see every week. They want to go home. I think about people sick with cancer or other serious illnesses. If the Lord never answers my prayer for healing, gives me the job I want, etc, etc, will I still love Him? It's something to ponder.

God loves me so much, but sometimes I'm very selfish in my prayer life. I need to attune my life to His will.

Like the coach in the movie, I need to say whatever happens in my life I want it to bring glory to God. I'll praise Him during the trials in my life as well as the great times.

I marvel that God has blessed me the way He has all throughout my life. He keeps showing me He's there. If only I could serve Him and love Him and always say, Not my will but thine.

No comments:

Swagbucks