II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reign Over My Mouth and Heart

Angry words, oh how they sting!
In our minds they continue to ring.
Angry words can part friends.
Why don't we work to make amends!

Over my mouth I need control
so my words don't take a heavy toll.
I don't want my family torn apart
by careless words that sicken the heart.

Father, help me show others it's you I seek,
tasting my words before I speak.
Never let anger rule my life
leaving a trail of pain and strife.

When hurt I'll bring you my care
lifting that person up in prayer.
Over my heart and mouth reign
so I'll never cause others pain.

No comments:

Swagbucks