II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Growing Closer to the Father

I'm very excited. It looks as if we will have
a ladies class on prayer starting in December.
I have had many studies on prayer during my
life, but I always am ready for another.

I remember on the movie "Facing the Giants"
that the coach, Grant Taylor, wanted to finish
the season of football well. I think he also
meant he wanted to finish his life with God well,
his race. I also want to finish well. I want to
grow closer to my Father.

I am starting my study on prayer early. Our sermon
lesson this morning made me realize. One thing I
need to do more of is pray for forgiveness. This is
something I'm going to work on.

Also, contentment with the way God answers my prayers.
I think of Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego. "Even if
God doesn't rescue us" we will not bow down to any
other god. We will remain faithful to our God. What
about those moments in our lives when God doesn't
answer our prayers the way we want, what then? Do we
choose to continue following Him and putting our
trust in Him. Just some things to think about.

No comments:

Swagbucks