II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lessons From a Walk in the Dark

This morning I went for a walk while
it was still dark. I don’t like walking in the
dark, it’s rather scary. I wonder what might
be around the next bend in the road or
behind a bush, but I decided to go anyway.
God certainly teaches us lessons in the
daily activities of our lives. I wanted to share
those with you.

Walking in the dark reminds me of
walking by faith because I can’t see what’s
coming up, but I just have to trust that God’s
with me. Then when I’m walking all of a
sudden there’s a streetlight shining and
lighting up my path. In the dark moments
in my life God shines through. He’s that
Light that I need.

This morning I also took a small
light with me that’s attached to my key.
Once in a while I would turn that on and
it reminded me of Psalm 119 – Thy Word
is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my
path. I can carry God’s light with me by
storing His Word in my heart and it can
guide my life.

Also, this morning I took a different
path. In life there are times when there’s
a twist or turn in my life. It’s scary when
you don’t go the usual path. During t hose
times I can depend on God to lead me.

I hope this gives you something to
reflect on and remember when you have
those challenging moments in life. Keep
walking by sight and God will lead you.

No comments:

Swagbucks