II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Callie and Charlie

My great-grandparents, were Calmaldonia (Callie) and Charlie.
They lived out in the country. They even lived on the same
place for 50 years or more. There was a little pond across the
road that my grandpa liked to go fish at.

They had some cattle and chickens. They didn't have indoor
plumbing. There was a well where they got their water. An
old wood cookstove that Granny cooked on and also helped
heat their house.

I remember Granny making homemade butter with a churn.
Thanksgiving we always had to have some fish that grandpa
caught. When I went to see her she always said how much
I was growing; then she'd say I'm going to have to put a
brick on top of your head.

Grandpa Charlie was sick several years with leukemia. He
went to the hospital and Granny said if something happens
to Charlie I don't want to live. When Grandpa had been at
the hospital a while Granny got sick and had to go to the
hospital. Her hair turned white as snow while she was in
the hospital. They said she had diabetes and her leg had
gangrene and had to be amputated. Grandpa Charlie died
and within 7-10 days later Granny died. They'd been
married 70 years. Granny just couldn't picture life without
Charlie.

I don't want to picture my life without God. I know my life
is precious to Him.

Ps 116:15 - Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death
of His saints.

No comments:

Swagbucks