II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Daddy's Laughter

I loved my Dad. I thought he was the greatest. I wish
his grandkids could have known him. He died much
too soon; much too young.

I know if anyone would have tried to hurt me; they'd
better watch out for my Dad. He had to work away
from home a lot when I was growing up. He didn't
get to go to a lot of school functions. Probably my
graduation was about all.

He loved his sister, my Aunt Marie. There was
certainly a bond between those two. She used to take
up for him. I know she fought some battles for him.

Even now, after all these years; sometimes I still get
sad thinking about my Dad being gone. Times when
I wish he was around. I miss my Dad's laugh. Does
that sound strange? When he really got tickled about
something he had a strange laugh. I can't even
remember quite what it was like now. Just that I loved
to hear it. I still miss you, Daddy.

A lot of the best times I've had with my family have
been the times when we laughed together.

I wonder what God's laughter sounds like. Do you
think He and Jesus just laugh together? He must
like to laugh. He gave us that ability.

Ps 15:13 A joyful heart makes a cheerful face.

Let's laugh together more. Maybe God will be
smiling with us.

No comments:

Swagbucks