II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Country Store

When I was a kid Sunday afternoons were for family.
Probably about once a month we went to visit my
great-grandparents. They lived out in the country by
Bray. A very small community not far from Marlow.

My brother, sister and I knew that after the visit to my
great-grandparents and my great uncle Floyd; there'd
be a chance to stop at the country store. Uncle Floyd
always saw to that. He didn't get to see his own kids
much. Their mother and Uncle Floyd was divorced
and she had told the kids things about their Dad so
they didn't want to see him. It was sad, but he was
a special uncle. It was kind of like we had another
grandpa. He always gave us money so we could
stop at the store on the way home.

That country store was fun. An older couple ran the
store and it was always nice to stop and visit with
them. Of course, I didn't mind having a pop and
candy or ice cream either.

Visits to the country store; made possible by my
Great Uncle Floyd. Thanks, Uncle Floyd. Thanks
for more than money for visits to the country store.
Thanks for loving us and letting us know we were
special to you.

I know my Uncle Floyd loved me. God loves me
even more. He loves you, too.

I John 4:10 In this is love, not the we loved God,
but that He loved us and sent His Son to be
the propitiation for our sins.

No comments:

Swagbucks