II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Twister

When I was a kid; it seemed like we had to go to the cellar a lot.
It was always a neighbor's cellar. It was a scary thing seeing the
sky turn black and watching those clouds.

I remember one time when we lived at Lindsay. Our neighbor with
the cellar was about 3 houses down from us. We heard the siren
and ran out of the house. You could see the tornado and it looked
so close. My mom grabbed my sister and starting running. She
asked me to go back and get my sister's shoes. Boy was I scared. I
don't think I've ever run faster. I imagine now Mom would wonder
why she was even worried about my sister's shoes.

It was definitely a comforting feeling to close that door on the
cellar and feel like you were safe.

I wonder how the little children that Jesus gathered in His arms
felt. O What a comforting feeling that must have been.

Isn't it nice to think about Jesus comforting us. We need to rely on
His comfort more often.

No comments:

Swagbucks