II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Gift of Memories

This was a great weekend. My Grandson came to see me. Thank
goodness his Mommy and Daddy brought him. I always enjoy
seeing him.

I never got to know either one of my grandmothers. They had both
died before I was old enough to remember them. My Dad's Mom
died when he was only 18 months old and my Mom's Mom died
when I was 3 weeks old. But I did have my Great-grandmother.
I'm thankful for the memories that I do have of her.

I hope that my Grandson has memories of me; many good memories.
I hope that he knows how very much that I love him and how
special that he is to me. I hope that he knows that I love God and I
hope I can be a good christian example to him. I hope that I can be
like Timothy's Grandmother who shared her faith with him.

What kind of memories really matter about someone? What kind
of car they drove; how much money they made? Did they dress in
the latest fashion? That's not what I want my Grandson to know
or remember about me.

I'm thankful that God gave us the gift of memory. I'm glad I can
remember things about my family.

Isn't it great that God wanted us to know Him. He wanted us to
know how much He loved us and that He sent His Son to die
for us.

I'm glad that God gave us His Word, the Bible, so we can know more
about Him and His Son, Jesus. We are able to remember each week
Jesus death and proclaim it until He comes. I Corinthians 11:24-25
When He had given thanks, He broke it and said, Take, eat, this is
My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of me."
In the same manner He also took the cup after supper , saying,
This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as
you drink it, in remembrance of Me.

2 comments:

Gary Wood said...

Another excellent post. I've enjoyed every one of them.

Tracy said...

Awww..what a great post. I know that Fischer will have very fond memories of you and Grandpa. Even if we move far away we will make sure that he is given plenty of opportunities to make memories. We love you.
Franklin, Tracy and Fischer

Swagbucks