II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Needed That

I think I am finally recovering from intestinal problems, a virus, pneumonia.
I have been so healthy all my life that it was hard to have to take it easy.
I thought that God was trying to teach me something. Sometimes it seems we
feel we have to be running all the time doing "things". I think I badly
needed some time just to be reflective. To think about God. I want to be so
much closer to my Father in Heaven.

I heard some really good lessons lately. I thought I would like to share
some thoughts with you. First of all we had a lesson on Sunday evening
about the resurrection. It was said that the Angel didn't have to roll
the stone away for Jesus to get out, the Angel rolled away the stone so
people could see in and know that Jesus was raised from the dead. He was
no longer in the tomb. Many people think Jesus is still in the tomb. We
all have to figure it out that He no longer is in the tomb. Also, as
Christians we're supposed to help other people see the empty tomb. The
same power that was available to get Jesus out of the tomb is available to us.
Do we live as if that power is available to us or do we live as if he is
still in the tomb?

Also, the wedding custom was for the young man to offer the woman he wanted
to marry a cup of wine. When he offered her the wine he was saying I offer
you my life. If she accepted the wine she was saying I accept the gift of
your life and I offer you my life. This is how we should think when we take
the communion. Christ is telling us He gave His life for us; I offer you my life. When we take the communion we are saying I accept your gift and I offer
you my life. Have you given Christ your life?

No comments:

Swagbucks