II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Heartaches

I've been struggling with a few health problems lately. But one thing
I have decided is that it hurts much worse when my children are
hurting. Have you ever heard a parent that is preparing to discipline
their children and say this will hurt me a lot worse than it will you.
That sounds strange, but it sure is difficult watching my children
struggle. I wish they didn't have to go through pain and suffering.

I pray a lot for my children. I pray even more when I know they are
hurting. Sometimes I feel helpless when my children hurt. I wish I
knew the perfect words to make their pain disappear. But the best
thing I can do is to pray and allow God to help them through the
difficult times.

I wonder what God feels when He sees us suffering. I like to think
of the scene from The Passion when Jesus died on the cross and
a great big tear drop fell from heaven. I think God must hurt too.
After all God is compassionate and loving.

I want my children to always let me know when they are hurting.
I count it a privilege to take them before my Father in heaven and
present their hurts to Him. He is so much wiser than I am and
He will know how to help and comfort.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wood said...

Thank you, Judy, for praying for your children so fervently. I am a direct and indirect recipient of that, I suppose. :) I am blessed to be John's wife and know how much his mother cares for him and prays for him. God's blessings are upon him and me, as well.

Love ya!
Emily

Swagbucks