II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

This Day is a Gift From God


What will I do with this day?
This day is God's gift to me.
Will I complain it's too windy, too cool,
I don't have enough time.

Will I waste this precious day,
forgetting that it's a gift.

How will I use it?
Will I thank Him for every hour,
every blessing of this day?

I know He'll never leave me
and He always provides just what I need.
Even through difficult circumstances.

So today I will spend time talking with Him,
thanking Him for this precious gift.

I'll spend some time reading His words
of love to me and hide them in my heart.

I will walk through this day with a heart
full of praise for God, My Father.

I'll savor every minute, every hour
of this day,
as I remember with gratitude
this day is God's gift to me.

1 comment:

Serendipitymom12 said...

beautiful poem! It is just perfect for today too! God created an absolutely breathtaking day for me today and I need to take the time to compliment his work :) You write beautiful poetry!

Swagbucks