II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Travel Back to When

I’d like to travel the dusty road to granny and grandpa’s again
Travel back to that time long ago – that time when
I could gather fresh eggs from the chicken pen
Back when I was only nine or ten
Smell ham sizzling in that old frying pan
Go out in the yard and kick around an old tin can
Watch Daddy Pete bring home some fish
See granny make them into a delicious dish
Taste butter churned by granny’s own hand
Walk around again on my family’s land
Let the water bucket down into the well
Sit down in the living room and talk for a spell
On the way home we stop at the old country store
Buy ice cream, or candy with money from an uncle we adore
Yes, I’d like to travel the dusty road to granny and grandpa’s again
Back to that time long ago when – when I was only nine or ten.

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Beautiful. I would too.

Swagbucks