II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Monday, October 12, 2009

What Has God Done For You?

I've been challenged by my son, Franklin, to think and
write about what God has done for me.

I look back into my life and see that He's blessed me
abundantly. I had loving parents who brought me up in
the LORD. I have a loving, faithful christian husband
who believes in me and encourages me in the LORD.

God has blessed me with three children, 2 wonderful
daughters-in-law and three grandchildren. Our family
loves one another and wants the best for each other.

God has brought about a lot of change in my life. As
a teenager I was painfully shy. He's given me opportunities
to do things I never thought possible. I used to hate
standing up in class to even give a book report. He's
blessed me with opportunities to teach classes in Africa
to women and I taught grade 10 girls. Now I'm blessed to
be able to teach in the prison.

Because of God's answer to prayer I was able to overcome
fear and go live in Africa for 5 years. I hope I encouraged
people there, but my christian family there gave so
much to me and taught me many lessons.

God gave me opportunities in my work as He placed me at
jobs with other christians who have been amazing examples
to me: Landmark Bookstore with Norma and also Alva Roofing
with T.J., Tom, Oral, Kathryn, Greg, Sharon, Bill, and
Dirk.

I still have things I need to work on in my life, but I
know God will help me overcome.

God has also blessed me with opportunities to work with
many young christian women who have been a blessing in
my life.

Through the women in prison I've learned more about God's
grace. These women really know what grace is and how God
can change lives.

God works amazingly in our lives and has such great
plans for us. He teaches us lots of lessons through the
people He places in our lives. What has He done for you?

No comments:

Swagbucks