II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Friday, October 23, 2009

What If

What if I thought about every action I took;
lived by the Bible, God's Good Book.
What if every idol in my life I'd forsake?
What kind of change in my life would it make?

What if I remembered His holiness,
paid Him the honor that's His due
Would it make people see Him differently,
Would it change their view?

Could I help others see God, the great I am?
Open their eyes to see Jesus, the perfect lamb?
God, I bow before you with this fervent plea.
Help me be more like Jesus fully devoted to thee.

Help me start out each day with songs of praise
Help me continue this all of my days.
God, you are my master, my only King.
You lift me out of despair and make my heart sing.

Instead of the world I'll depend on guidance from you
Meditating on your Holy Word will change my view.
I'll think about Jesus who died to see everyone free,
My life will no longer be all about me.

No comments:

Swagbucks