II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Friday, January 18, 2008

My Acting Career

Ok, so I really didn't have an acting career. Viewing the movie
the "Parent Trap" made me reminisce about when I was about
10 years old and saw the movie for the first time with my friends,
Pam and Trudy.
I don't know why we loved that movie so much. Our parents
weren't divorced, but for some reason it struck a chord with us.
Maybe we all missed our Dads because it seemed at that time
they were all so busy with work. We hardly saw them.
Every opportunity we had to be together we acted that
movie out. I still enjoy the movie. It brings back my childhood.
I'm glad to see that my sons are able to be very involved in
their children's lives. I've noticed that at worship services Fathers
take on more of a role in their children's lives; holding them,
changing diapers, letting Moms have a rest.
Of course, there are still many single parent homes where
children long to know their Fathers.
I'm thankful for each and every moment I did have my Dad.
I'm also thankful for Trudy, Pam and yes, Haley Mills who made
my acting moments possible.

No comments:

Swagbucks