II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I die before I wake I pray the Lord
my soul to take.

I remember thinking of this prayer often as a child. Then I was
fearful that something would happen to me. Now as I get older,
I know it's very possible that something could happen to me at
any time.

I treasure each moment I have with my children and my two
precious grandchildren. Oh, how I hope I have lots of time with
them. I didn't know my own grandparents much. I guess that's
why being an available grandparent is important to me.

Now I lay me down to sleep
If I die before I wake

I hope my children and grandchildren will know how important
they are in my life. Time with them is precious. Time is something
there's never quite enough of. Not enough to say everything we
want to, to do everything we want to, to be with all the people we
love as much as we want.

I hope my children also treasure their moments with family and
friends. Don't forget what's important. I love you!!

No comments:

Swagbucks