II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Are

A Songbird that brings sweet
Melody into my wistful heart
The savory spice which adds
Zest to my lonely days

The exquisite flowers on a hillside
That bring beauty and delight
Living and cooling water
A tonic to revive and refresh

The master teacher of knowledge
And I, the adoring student at your feet
Light that illuminates my night
Guiding me through raging storms.

A king adorned in purple robe
And I'm your beloved servant
The strong citadel that protects
Me from all dark and evil forces

My loving Savior, your scarlet blood
Flowing from your brow and side
Sweet nectar of forgiveness that
Brings abundant joy to my soul.




No comments:

Swagbucks