II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Sharing More Prayer Experiences

Many of you may already know about this answered
prayer, but thought I'd share. Also, have a couple
of others to share with you. Feel free to share
yours and we can encourage one another.

Before going to Africa I was petrified. The thought
of moving so far from family and friends and going
to a place I didn't know anyone was frightening.
Each evening at supper I would feel so sick from
worry that I couldn't eat. That's very unusual
for me.

I told Fred, my husband, that I just didn't think
I could go. He told me that was ok, but he felt
that it was what God wanted him to do. So I prayed.
It was kind of a Gideon throwing out the fleece.
God, if this is what you want, then help me get
over this feeling of fear. I think we were actually
on our way to Zambia when I realized God had answered
my prayer. It's amazing. I think I had one episode of
feeling lonely after arriving. God's answers can be
so powerful.

I would not trade my experience of living in Zambia
for anything. The people were amazing and taught me
so much about love, faith and hospitality. I went
to teach them, but I think I received even more
than I gave.Yes, I missed my family, but people
there became my family. I wish I could see them
again.

I'll share some more answered prayers later. Please
share yours. We can strengthen each other.

No comments:

Swagbucks