II Peter 1:5-7

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Friends-Thank God for Them

Think back to the friends who have made a difference in your life.
If you're like me there are plenty, but one such friend is Carol.

Carol really worked at pulling me out of my shell, making me do
things that were out of my comfort zone. She encouraged me to
be a cub scout den leader. I still can't believe that I did that.
Of course, I also had another friend, Margaret, who helped me
with the boys or I'm sure I'd never been able to do it.

Fred and I were also in the brothers' keeper group with Carol
and her husband, Bob. Carol asked me to call people in the group
each month and invite them to the meeting. This was also
something difficult for me. It was like pulling teeth. I am not a
phone person and still have to rehearse what I say when I call
someone to ask a question.

Friends, like Carol and Margaret, have made a great difference
in my life. They helped me grow. They encouraged and inspired
me to try new things. They believed in me. Have you ever had
friends like that or have you ever been a friend like that? I'd
like your comments.

Let's all try to be the kind of friends we really need to be. Friends
who make a difference; who inspire, encourage, and want the
very best for our friends. Friends - BE ONE!

No comments:

Swagbucks